Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they come up with a theme, and this week’s is the top books I am most looking forward to in the first half of 2017!
1. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth is coming out in January, 2017. I preordered this as soon as I found out about it. A new book by the author of Divergent? Yes, please!
2. Valiant by Lesley Livingston Female gladiators? The past Latin scholar inside of me swoons! This one releases in February 2017, and it will be at the top of my TBR pile as soon as it comes out!
3. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab The third book in one of my all-time favorite fantasy series will also be releasing in February! If you have not read the first two, A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows, pick them up pronto!
4. Hunted by Meghan Spooner is releasing in March 2017, and is written by one of the authors who wrote These Broken Stars. I cannot pass up an opportunity to read another Beauty and the Beast retelling!
5. Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton is the sequel to Rebel in the Sands, which was released early in 2016. I flew through that book, and I cannot wait to get my hands on this sequel, releasing in March 2017!
6. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis It’s been awhile since I’ve read a straight-up, traditional epic YA fantasy, and it seems like that’s exactly what this book is. In April 2017, this is what I will be reading!
7. Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab releases in June 2017, and is the sequel to This Savage Song, the best monster book I’ve ever read! I cannot wait to see what happens next!
I wanted to limit this list to seven books instead of ten, because I also need to work on trimming down my seemingly ever-growing TBR pile! I am going to TRY not to buy any other books besides the ones I listed above for the first half of 2017, but we all know I’m probably not going to be able to resist the temptation! 😉